Wednesday, June 14, 2006

All the difference ....

The Road Not Taken
By
Robert Frost

Two Roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry that I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

4 Comments:

At 14/6/06 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!What a wonderful poem! Soo POETIC! (well, it's a poem!) It had such a strong topic connected to it: to make a difference! But I liked how the poet had introduced his idea to us in a unique fashion. It had a little twist to it. Such a powerful meaning though. To do something that is not popular, to do something new! To approach something that is hardly visited. I think we can transfer "something" to "someone" as well.

 
At 15/6/06 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. At first I thought it was going to be about not knowing where you'll end up after a dicision, but you just have to go and not look back, I guess it also has that meaning. The other part, it's like the poster that was in your (Ms. Watt's) classroom. "What is right isn't always popular, and what is popular isn't always right" The "goal" or theme" for the 7-8s this year was make a difference, so every class was sopposed to do something to make a difference, but that poem could apply to kaming a differnce in yourself, or other people.

 
At 27/6/06 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SIGH! Why isn't anyone else posting a comment here?! I want to hear opinions!

 
At 23/7/06 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A road diverged
A road found
locked by an instict
broken by mystery
a path that is more than a path
might accually be les

lol U don't know what that was

 

Post a Comment

<< Home